Saturday, July 2, 2011

Incense: A New Obsession


I love incense.  I have only recently discovered this.  In fact, as of three weeks ago I never would have thought that I would love it.  However, since then I have discovered that incense is awesome.  I don't know what it is about it that makes it so obsessing.  It certainly smells good, but I think that the real reason I'm attracted to it is the ambiance.  Something happens to the room when you light a stick of incense and watch the smoke rise up in little curls.  Just knowing that it's there and smelling the scent makes you feel....aesthetically pleased.  It's like brewing a pot of loose tea not because it tastes significantly better than bagged tea, but because it's more artistic.  I guess I just like being snobby :-)  I now burn a stick of incense every night when I go to bed.  Thankfully, you can get seven sticks for a dollar at the ren. fair, but I can tell I'm going to run out fast.  Here's to all the things we do not because it's necessary, but because it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment