Monday, August 1, 2011

Boots of Glory

Ok, so I'm obsessed.
  As some of you may know I have been wanting a pair of Doctor Martens for about 2 years.  While many people would roll their eyes at paying over $100 dollars for a pair of boots (real leather I would have you know) I finally came up with enough money to get some.  And now I finally have them: the Boots of Glory (otherwise known as 1914 Triumph's).  I have had them for about a month and am really happy with their performance.  They were easy to break in, are comfortable, and fit my feet well.  The only downside is that boots don't work too well in the heat.  Today was the first serious clean/polish since I got them since they have more or less settled into their creases.  After being lovingly shined I just had to take pictures (or more accurately get my sister to take pictures)  Here they are in all their glory:




Yup, I'm obsessed and proud of it.  
On another note I have been working on a top hat that I bought at the Renaissance fair this summer.  It was a generic top hat (which is just boring) so I decided to alter it.  This picture is actually the back of it, I don't have pictures of the front yet.  I made the roses and am now waiting for the rooster feathers I ordered to come.  I think they're going to be a while, so I wont be able to finish this for a couple of weeks :-(.  I couldn't really wear it in the heat anyway. 



1 comment:

  1. oh c'mon, that's all I get? a "my sister to take the pictures..."??? If I'm going to do photography for you (and, for the record, since you don't mention it, I took ALL of those pictures), you at LEAST have to learn how to correctly give me credit. Say my NAME (sarah) and link to my blog. :P And you can also say something melodious and ecstatic about my WONDERFUL picture taking abilities.... and camera.... since I WAS doing you a favor. :P

    ReplyDelete